Monday, November 28, 2011

Cable Company Question??

I would appreciate hearing from some of the owners here regarding cable TV and Internet services.

I have had Ygnition since I purchased over 2 yrs ago and have not been happy with the service since they raise your rate every 90 days without a notice and then when you call them and  complain they say, "oh I can lower that".  I have better things to do with my time than monitor my monthly rates with Ygnition serivces.  Plus their phone service is not good at all - cannot even send a fax because it cuts out so much.
I would like to use another cable and Internet service provider, so I called the HOA office and they said dish network was the only other provider we can use.  I somehow don't believe this to be the case because I have heard conflicting stories.
Would someone who knows the real facts please share the information - about which service/s we are allowed to install using a satellite dish?  I know they are suppose to install the dish on a tripod on a patio with south facing, but that is about all I know.
thanks for your feedback
Carol - home owner in bldg 5
***********************************************************************************************************************************

Webmaster Comment:I asked this also and was told that we are locked into a 10 year contract with Ygnition, which has about 7 years left ? Also You may have a dish on patio but it cannot be attached ,You may want to speak with Jeff in building 5 as he had dish installed and it was a nightmare, they run all the cables across the floor of your house, It looks horrible, I agree I also am fed up with this antique cable company we signed up for!!  But we can plan for the future by electing new board members that have the future in mind and understand todays technology,We have Board members that drove Model A's  we need to get caught up with the times with a community of this magnitude. The computers, cable tv, phone systems in office are just example of technology herer so we need to stay update
*****************************************************************************************************

Anonymous said...

Was told by the old management about Ygnition, and they said that no other cable company would come in here because the equipment was too old. Spoke to a Cox cable fellow who had come here to vote and he stated all we had to do was ask and they would come in here and make us happy. First I've ever heard about a ten year contract with Ygnition, and if that is so, they this AAM group has their hands in Ygnitions pocket and made their own agreement with them.

Anonymous said...

You can not blame AAM for our cable.For your info Ygnition has been here for about 3 years,which was done by the board. so PLEASE get your facts before you jump on AAM, who had nothing to do with it....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was told by the old management about Ygnition, and they said that no other cable company would come in here because the equipment was too old. Spoke to a Cox cable fellow who had come here to vote and he stated all we had to do was ask and they would come in here and make us happy. First I've ever heard about a ten year contract with Ygnition, and if that is so, they this AAM group has their hands in Ygnitions pocket and made their own agreement with them.

Anonymous said...

You can not blame AAM for our cable.For your info Ygnition has been here for about 3 years,which was done by the board and MaryAnn. so PLEASE get your facts before you jump on AAM, who had nothing to do with it....

Anonymous said...

My bad, your correct. Just seems funny that after AAM took over, they is now a 10 year contract in place. O'well, I guess we have to deal with them for 10 years.